Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Category:||Drug Abuse TESGTING Kits||Format:||STRIP 4 GHB|
|Specimen:||Urine||Testing Time:||5-15 Minu|
|Shelf Life:||24 Months||Application:||GHB Test|
high sensitivity Drug Abuse Test Kit ) GHB Rapid Test 3mm strip , cut-off 10 μg/mL
GHB Rapid Diagnostic Test
γ-Hydroxybutyric acid (GHB), also known as 4-hydroxybutanoic acid, is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter and a psychoactive drug. It has been used in a medical setting as a general anesthetic and as a treatment for cataplexy, narcolepsy, and alcoholism. It is also used illegally as an intoxicant, to try to increase athletic performance, and as a date rape drug. It is commonly used in the form of a salt, such as sodium γ-hydroxybutyrate (Na.GHB, sodium oxybate) or potassium γ-hydroxybutyrate (K.GHB, potassium oxybate). Urine is often the preferred specimen for routine drug abuse monitoring purposes. Both γ-butyrolactone (GBL) and 1,4-butanediol are converted to GHB in the body. Other liquids such as suspected spiked drinks can also be tested. However, cross-reactivity with Ascorbic Acid and Alcohol need to be taken into account, while interpreting the test results.
GHB-DH catalyses the reaction of GHB and NAD to produce NADH, and a diaphorase couple tetrazoliym dye reaction results in the production of a purple dye complex. The reagents were stabilized and used to produce the test to screen for GHB in urine at 10 μg/mL.
SPECIMEN COLLECTION AND STORAGE
The urine specimen must be collected in a clean and dry container. Urine collected at any time of the day may be used. Urine specimens exhibiting visible particles should be centrifuged, filtered, or allowed to settle to obtain clear specimen for testing. Specimen.
Urine specimens may be stored at 2-8°C for up to 48 hours prior to testing. For long-term storage, specimens may be frozen and stored below -20°C. Frozen specimens should be thawed and mixed before testing.
Store as packaged in the sealed pouch either at room temperature or refrigerated (2-30°C). The test is stable through the expiration date printed on the sealed pouch. The test must remain in the sealed pouch until use. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not use beyond the expiration date.
1. The 6-MAM Rapid Test Cassette provides only a qualitative, preliminary analytical result. A secondary analytical method must be used to obtain a confirmed result. Gas chromatography/mass spectrophotometry (GC/MS) is the preferred confirmatory method2.3.
2. It is possible that technical or procedural errors, as well as other interfering substances in the urine specimen may cause erroneous results.
3. Adulterants, such as bleach and/or alum, in urine specimens may produce erroneous results regardless of the analytical method used. If adulteration is suspected, the test should be repeated with another urine specimen.
4. A positive result indicates presence of the drug or its metabolites but does not indicate level of intoxication, administration route or concentration in urine.
5. A negative result may not necessarily indicate drug-free urine. Negative results can be obtained when drug is present but below the cut-off level of the test.
A side-by-side comparison was conducted using the GHB Rapid Test Cassette (Urine) and GC/MS. The following results were tabulated:
Table 1: Specimen Correlation
|GHB Rapid Test||Results||Positive||Negative|
|ORIENT NEW LIFE MEDICAL CO., LTD.|
|Email:||Jerry @ newlifebiotest .com|