Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Category:||Drug Abuse TESGTING Kits||Format:||CARD PPX Strip|
|Shelf Life:||24 Months||Application:||Ppx Drug Test|
Propoxyphene (PPX) Drug Abuse Test Kit PPX Rapid Test 3mm strip , cut-off 300ng/mL
Propoxyphene (PPX) Drug Abuse Test Kit
Propoxyphene (PPX) is a narcotic analgesic compound bearing structural similarity to methadone. As an analgesic, propoxyphene can be from 50-75% as potent as oral codeine. Darvocet™, one of the most common brand names for the drug, contains 50-100 mg of propoxyphene napsylate and 325-650 mg of acetaminophen. Peak plasma concentrations of propoxyphene are achieved from 1 to 2 hours post dose. In the case of overdose, propoxyphene blood concentrations can reach significantly higher levels.
In humans, propoxyphene is metabolized by N-demethylation to yield norpropoxyphene. Norpropoxyphene has a longer half-life (30 to 36 hours) than parent propoxyphene (6 to 12 hours). The accumulation of norpropoxyphene seen with repeated doses may be largely responsible for resultant toxicity.
Reagent Preparation and Storage The reagents are ready for use. No reagent preparation is required. All assay components, when stored properly at 2-8°C, are stable until the expiration date indicated on the label.
In the case of accidental spill, clean and dispose of material according to your laboratory’s SOP, local, and state regulations.
In the case of damaged packaging on arrival, contact your technical support representative (refer to back page of this PI).
SPECIMEN COLLECTION AND STORAGE
The urine specimen must be collected in a clean and dry container. Urine collected at any time of the day may be used. Urine specimens exhibiting visible particles should be centrifuged, filtered, or allowed to settle to obtain clear specimen for testing. Specimen.
Urine specimens may be stored at 2-8°C for up to 48 hours prior to testing. For long-term storage, specimens may be frozen and stored below -20°C. Frozen specimens should be thawed and mixed before testing.
Store as packaged in the sealed pouch either at room temperature or refrigerated (2-30°C). The test is stable through the expiration date printed on the sealed pouch. The test must remain in the sealed pouch until use. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not use beyond the expiration date.
1. The 6-MAM Rapid Test Cassette provides only a qualitative, preliminary analytical result. A secondary analytical method must be used to obtain a confirmed result. Gas chromatography/mass spectrophotometry (GC/MS) is the preferred confirmatory method2.3.
2. It is possible that technical or procedural errors, as well as other interfering substances in the urine specimen may cause erroneous results.
3. Adulterants, such as bleach and/or alum, in urine specimens may produce erroneous results regardless of the analytical method used. If adulteration is suspected, the test should be repeated with another urine specimen.
4. A positive result indicates presence of the drug or its metabolites but does not indicate level of intoxication, administration route or concentration in urine.
5. A negative result may not necessarily indicate drug-free urine. Negative results can be obtained when drug is present but below the cut-off level of the test.
A side-by-side comparison was conducted using the PPX Rapid Test Cassette (Urine) and GC/MS. The following results were tabulated:
Table 1: Specimen Correlation
|Level||Low Control||Cutoff Cal||High Control|
|Within-run SD (mA/min)||2.3||2.6||1.9|
|Total-run SD (mA/min)||5.3||5.4||5.4|
|ORIENT NEW LIFE MEDICAL CO., LTD.|
|Email:||Jerry @ newlifebiotest .com|
Contact Person: Jerry Meng